Friday 7 September 2012

1-2-3-4 Festival

For my first post in a long, long time I decided to attempt something I've never tried before: street style snapping. The perfect opportunity presented itself at last weekend's 1-2-3-4 festival in the hipster- paradise that is Shoreditch. You just couldn't move in the festival for bloggers taking pictures of each other in a self -propelling cycle of brothel- creepers, denim shirts and studded leather jackets. 


Silvia Olsen (no, not a relation, although I did ask...). What especially drew me to her outfit were her play on proportions and textures, with her chiffon-y midi skirt paired with an oversized parka and chunky knit. Although a tricky look to pull off, the simple block colours and flash of skin at ankle and wrist ensure that the outfit didn't swamp her petite frame.

Amanda Lawrence. I was drawn to her dip-dyed hair and flash of red lippie from across the field- a simple yet striking look that is an easy solution to looking stylish on an everyday basis. 

I adored meeting Miss Vienna Green, a burlesque performer and fire eater (!!!) from London. She was glamour and sophistication personified, with everything from her fab shoes to her immaculate nail polish either sourced or inspired by the 1930s or 40s. I'll always regret not taking a picture of the back of her vintage dress, which was cut low into the small of her back and finished with a sultry scarlet bow. 

Lastly, I really liked Louise Donovan's Courtney Love-inspired grunge outfit...mainly because I recognised her playsuit from on I tried on in Beyond Retro a few months ago! I love the simple grey tee, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment