Thursday 5 April 2012

Fashion Failure / I have nothing to wear blues


Ever seen something that you want so so badly that you think that you'll die if you don't get it? Ever walked up to said item, picked it up, looked at the price (eek), looked at the queues for the changing rooms (hmm), check out (ouch), and sadly put the dress/ coat/ shorts down and walked off? And then thought about said item every day for the next six months, as it magically pops up in your mind, in wondrous outfit combinations, every time you're standing in front of your wardrobe naked and screaming I have nothing to wear!!!

For me, I am currently regretting:

- A pair of raspberry pink, cropped, tailored trousers from Topshop (on sale, £18) that I never tried on due to spotting a girl I vaguely recognised from an old school, and desperately wanting to avoid the inevitable awkward 'hi, how are you' convo. I think I think about these trousers every day.

- A calf length pencil skirt of black lace layered over a cobalt blue slip. Simply and utterly divine, Topshop again (and £18, again). Like Jonathan Saunders clashed with Dolce & Gabbana (this season) in a wondrous, sexy and divinely chic skirt. Gah.

- Nude, pointy court shoes with a stiletto heel and bedecked in golden studs. Yum yum. I think they're still available from Zara (£39.99, I seem to remember), so when I get my next installment of lovely, free (hahaa) money from the Student Loans Company I may see if my budget can stretch to these little beauties.


But anyway, what was I talking about? Ah yes, things that you really, really, desperately want but may potentially never possess. What put this little musing in my mind was the new collaboration between the superstar blogger The Man Repeller (loveee you!) and Dannijo, purveyor of jewellery to the stars. (Blake Lively, Rihanna, Beyonce etcetera). Needless to say the collection (entitled Mr Dannijo) is mindblowing amazing. Prettyful. Edgy and a tad rockstar, just as I like it. I'm now going to shut up and let you see the pictures. Enjoy, please. I may hopefully, one day, in the not too far distant future, own a few pieces myself. One can dream.



Mona Lisa Ring




Betty Davis Statement Necklace


Umbilical Bracelet (geddit?)

Photo credit to:

www.manrepeller.com (Check it out, she's insane!)

www.dannijo.com (Cooler than cool)


5 comments:

  1. I am in love with this post. Not only because I, too, desperately wish I could afford the Mr Dannijlo collection, but because I know EXACTLY that feeling of regret you describe so well.

    I love how you say "as it magically pops up in your mind, in wondrous outfit combinations"...oh my god. Yes. I have a running list too, and for this exact reason.

    "It would go SO PERFECTLY with this!"

    Need to be rich.

    -Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your post!!

    mind to visit my blog?

    http://www.rohayatun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the statement jewellery! xoxo

    http://drunkonstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete