Wednesday 18 August 2010

Giles Deacon for New Look

I'm not usually a fan of New Look collaborations; however prestigious the designer (e.g Giles Deacon), the collections inevitably become tainted by that New Look blemish of cheap fabrics, gaudy prints and unflattering, generic tailoring.

However, I must admit that the new seasons' Giles Deacon collection is a revelation; Erdem- esque prints, lady- like Louis Vuitton inspired silhouettes and accessories, and a strict minimalism in terms of palette, cut and embellishment.


The only qualms I have are over the (seemingly) lurex, batwing tops, embellished with an unoriginal web of sequins. And that's it. I love the prom dress, the shift dresses, the curve hugging, off the shoulder, Mad Men inspired one... I even covet the pretty, Louis Vuitton- tribute 'mini stilettos'. And to think 6 months ago I was aghast at the very thought of a less than 4 inch heel!

No comments:

Post a Comment